The Royal Park Curriculum
At the foundation of Royal Park lie 6 values, which are the essence of our teaching and learning. These are embedded within the curriculum that we teach at Royal Park, we believe that every child will leave our school with the following attributes. Aspiration, have confidence and believe in ourselves. Resilience, no matter what gets in our way, we always overcome it and strive to succeed. Respect, we listen carefully to all members of the Royal Park community and respect the environment in which we learn. Equality, we understand, embrace and celebrate the differences in our community and are proud of the diversity within our school family. Compassion, we believe in the importance of friendship and strive for every member of the school community to be happy and feel loved. Honesty, we believe in strong moral values and that honesty and integrity underpin everything we do.
We aim to
- provide a safe, stimulating learning environment for all pupils and teachers;
- enable pupils to achieve their full potential by learning in a variety of ways and through challenging learning experiences;
- provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that will motivate, engage and challenge pupils whilst also equipping them with the skills required on leaving school;
- develop inquisitive minds, a spirit of curiosity and a passion for learning;
- set high expectations for all pupils in order to raise their aspirations; and
- raise standards of both teaching and learning.
We want children to love to learn and through their engagement in learning they develop their confidence, resilience and independence. We do this through an evolving, engaging curriculum. At the heart of our skills based curriculum is an emphasis on English and drama, independent enquiry, reflective thinking and collaboration. The creative curriculum provides accessible opportunities for personal enrichment through a very wide range of visits and visitors; special days and themed weeks.
Because of the emphasis we place on skilful communication and the importance of social and emotional well-being, we are excellently placed to provide an exciting, enriching curriculum for all children, including those with social and communication needs.