Our School App Stay connected on the go...
The Royal Park Curriculum
At the foundation of Royal Park lie 6 values, which are the essence of our teaching and learning. These are embedded within the curriculum that we teach at Royal Park, we believe that every child will leave our school with the following attributes. Aspiration, have confidence and believe in ourselves. Resilience, no matter what gets in our way, we always overcome it and strive to succeed. Respect, we listen carefully to all members of the Royal Park community and respect the environment in which we learn. Equality, we understand, embrace and celebrate the differences in our community and are proud of the diversity within our school family. Compassion, we believe in the importance of friendship and strive for every member of the school community to be happy and feel loved. Honesty, we believe in strong moral values and that honesty and integrity underpin everything we do.
We believe that our curriculum should be broad and balanced. Our children's backgrounds, our culture and our climate for learning provide the following drivers that underpin all areas of our curriculum:
· provide a safe, stimulating learning environment for all children and teachers;
· enable children to achieve their full potential by learning in a variety of ways and through challenging learning experiences;
· provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that will motivate, engage and challenge children whilst also equipping them with the skills required on leaving school;
· develop inquisitive minds, a spirit of curiosity and a passion for learning;
· physical well-being and mental well-being are both valued and prioritised by our careful consideration of curriculum design;
· SMSC development, along with a well planned and structured programme of personal development underpins all our work;
· set high expectations for all children in order to raise their aspirations; and
· raise standards of both teaching and learning.
We want children to love to learn and through their engagement in learning they develop their confidence, resilience and independence. We do this through an evolving, engaging curriculum. At the heart of our thematic curriculum is an emphasis on English and drama, independent enquiry, reflective thinking and collaboration. The thematic curriculum provides accessible opportunities for personal enrichment through a very wide range of visits and visitors; special days and themed weeks.
Because of the emphasis we place on skilful communication and the importance of social and emotional well-being, we are excellently placed to provide an exciting, enriching curriculum for all children, including those with social and communication needs.
In order to ensure that learning in every subject is sequenced appropriately, we have implemented a Progression Document. This ensures that learning is staged and builds upon prior knowledge. This provides the children with the opportunity to revisit vital skills and knowledge regularly and embed this learning; therefore, becoming experts. Each subject is planned so the knowledge is built into the long-term memory of pupils. The knowledge and skills are transferable between subjects and is carefully sequenced to build upon prior knowledge and to stretch and extend each individual pupil. The key knowledge and skills are assessed through the ‘Big question’ which is provided to the children at the start of every theme and draws upon a number of subjects. The children are then expected to recall their knowledge and respond to the ‘Big Question’. The progress of the children is teaching children to know more and remember more.
As a school, we ensure that we track children's progress in all subjects. We believe this is important because every child is brilliant at something and deserves the chance to receive feedback, make progress and experience opportunities to deepen their learning in all subjects.
To obtain more information about the Royal Park Curriculum, please contact Mr Jones via email@example.com